Our Faculty & Staff
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve families of limited economic means.
This position oversees the transportation, facilities, food service, and custodial needs of the School. Cristo Rey Richmond provides transportation from several hubs throughout the city to and from school in the morning and at the end of the school day and to work study assignments at the start and end of the student work day. The Operations Manager has supervisory responsibility for all Bus Operators and is responsible for determining/scheduling routes and bus assignments, coordinating all bus maintenance needs, and acting as a substitute driver when necessary. The Operations Manager is also responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the School campus including monitoring building and grounds conditions, scheduling preventative maintenance, and ensuring all building inspections are completed on a timely basis, as well as overseeing the food service and custodial needs of the school.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a commercial bus driver with a clean driving record, school bus driver preferred.
- Must possess a valid Class B Virginia Commercial Drivers License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements and have a general knowledge of the geography of the city and surrounding counties.
- Minimum 3 years experience in facility management; experience in a school setting preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years managerial experience.
- Spanish bi-lingual, preferred.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of CRRHS.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, cultural, racial, and religious backgrounds of the students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule, and complete job tasks effectively and accurately.
- Superior communication skills, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, and administration, as well as outside contractors and inspectors.
- Ability to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, tolerance, a desire for continuous improvement, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic college preparatory education.
To apply: Please send your cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your anticipated contributions to our organization by email with your resume and three professional references, as an attached PDF to email@example.com
with the subject title “Operations Manager app.”