Our Faculty & Staff
Dynamic Catholic high school seeks Thinker, Dreamer, Innovator, and Leader for a program focused on nothing short of transforming our community. Be a leader in the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve under-resourced youth.
About Cristo Rey Richmond
Cristo Rey Richmond educates young people of limited economic backgrounds to become men and women of Faith, Purpose, and Service. We integrate a rigorous college preparatory curriculum with professional work study experience and our students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life.
The school seeks a faith-filled Christian willing to serve as a spiritual leader within a Catholic school. Preference will be given to those applicants with work or lived experience with culturally, linguistically and racially diverse communities. Please reach out to us with any questions.
Cristo Rey Richmond Principal reports directly to the school’s President and adheres to a set of Mission Effectiveness Standards.
Essential Principal Roles and Responsibilities:
Catholic Identity and Cristo Rey Mission: Serve as a spiritual leader for the school.
Strategic Planning: Lead a compelling vision that encompasses academics, school culture, community, alumni, and partnership with the Corporate Work Study Program.
Teaching and Learning: Serve as the lead-learner in the building using current research, achievement data and implement a rigorous college-prep curriculum aligned with Cristo Rey standards.
School Culture and Family Involvement: Model an inclusive school environment, promoting continuous improvement that recognizes existing equity gaps and commit to their elimination.
Allocation of Resources and Supervision of School Personnel: Audit time, personnel, and financial resources to maximize the impact of each team member in preparing students for success.
Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Deep commitment to youth with limited economic background
- Passion in a shared vision and commitment to the Cristo Rey Richmond mission
- Skill in growing relationships with diverse staff and parent community
- Commitment to continuous learning: communicate excellence
- Master’s Degree in an educational field
- Minimum five years of experience in school leadership
Applications are due March 27, 2023. Please submit, as one pdf:
- a cover letter,
- resume, and
- one-page essay (12pt, single-spaced) responding to one of the following prompts:
- We seek to transform Richmond one student at a time. Family engagement is critical. How have you cultivated belonging in a diverse community and how will you cultivate belonging at CRR for each person in it, including yourself?
- Bon Secours Mercy Ministries is our founding organization. The charism of their sponsoring order, the Sister of Bon Secours is Compassion, Healing and Liberation. Use this lens to reflect on developing a school vision, and leading/implementing continuous quality improvement.
- Why are you interested in this work and what challenges and opportunities do you see for your growth as a leader?
Lester Consulting Group, Inc. of Sacramento, CA has been hired to facilitate the Principal search process. Inquiries and applications may be directed to [email protected]; Denise Jones, Executive Search Director (503-475-3884)
Applications are due March 27, 2023. For more information on the opportunity and the application process, please see the more detailed Candidate Profile.
To learn more about this position, please view the Position Announcement (Principal) document linked here.