Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now closed! Application for 2024-2025 school year coming October 1st.
Step 1: Confirm Eligibility
1. The student must be a rising 9th grader or transferring into our 10th grade class. We do not accept 11th and 12th-grade transfers.
2. All incoming 9th-grade students must be 14 years old by November 1, 2024, as a requirement of our Corporate Work Study Program. Please call the Admissions Office with any questions regarding student age requirements.
3. Cristo Rey Richmond exclusively serves students from families of limited economic means. Please review the eligibility chart below to determine if your family is eligible to apply to Cristo Rey Richmond High School. Contact the Admissions office if you are unsure if your family qualifies.
4. As participants in the Corporate Work Study Program, students are considered employees of Cristo Rey Richmond’s Corporate Work Study Program and therefore must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to arrival at Cristo Rey.
Step 2: Online Application
1. You will need your most recent tax information, as well as proof of any other forms of income (SNAP, TANF, SSI, or other additional income) from all contributing adults in your household. Family contribution (tuition) is based on family income and household size so please fill in all information completely and submit your documents accordingly.
2. Please complete the admissions application on TADS by clicking on the button below. You will need to remember your login (email address and password) as we will be using TADS throughout your time at Cristo Rey Richmond.
Step 3: Submit Documents
The following academic documents must be submitted
1. Current 8th Grade Report Card or Current 9th Grade Report Card (if applying as a transfer student)
2. Final 7th Grade Report Card or Final 8th Grade Report Card (if applying as a transfer student)
3. Math Teacher Recommendation Form (Click here to download)
4. English Teacher Recommendation Form (Click here to download)
5. Signed Request For Records form, which should be submitted to your student’s current school and gives them permission to send their school records (Click here to download)
The following financial documents must be submitted directly to TADS
If you DO file taxes:
1. A copy of 2021 tax return (form 1040)
2. Most recent W-2s for all jobs held by contributing adults in the household
3. Proof of other forms of income including Supplemental Security Income (SSI), SNAP, TANF, unemployment, child support or alimony, worker’s compensation, other government assistance, etc. (if applicable)
If you DO NOT file taxes:
1. Proof of other forms of income including Supplemental Security Income (SSI), SNAP, TANF, unemployment, child support or alimony, worker’s compensation, other government assistance, etc. (if applicable)
2. Statement of income signed by employer in an official statement or notarized document (if applicable)
3. Financial assistance from family or friends in an official statement or notarized document (if applicable)
Step 4: Family Interview
After you have submitted your application and turned in all of your materials, the Admissions Office will determine whether or not your student will be invited for an interview. Interviews will begin in November. The Admissions Office will call you at that time to set up an appointment.
Step 4: Entrance Exam
Once your student has been invited for their admissions interview, you will be notified about the dates and times for our admissions exam. These dates will be made available soon.
If you have any questions, please click below to email us with your question or request a callback. Thank you!
Cristo Rey Richmond High School, Inc. and Cristo Rey Richmond Corporate Work Study Program, Inc. have a policy of non-discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic
origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in the
administration of any of its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Both corporations intend for their employment and personnel
practices to conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. The Richmond High School and Work Study Program will provide reasonable accommodations to disabled
employees, applicants, and students as required by law.