Cristo Rey Richmond High School is seeking teachers for
the 2020-2021 academic year!
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey Richmond High School will soon be a part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve families of limited economic means.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CRRHS TEACHING CANDIDATE
- Aligned with the school’s Catholic identity and mission to foster the academic and spiritual growth of high school students to become men and women of faith, purpose and service.
- Driven to work for justice on behalf of urban students who wish to have a Catholic college preparatory education
- Values the corporate work study experience as a place of learning and growth for students
- Belief that every child is deserving of an excellent education that prepares them for college and life beyond college
- Willingness to receive feedback, engage in frequent dialogue and the ability to self-reflect
- Collaborative in advancement of the mission
- Belief in data-driven instruction
- Ability to connect with and engage urban students and families
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (REQUIRED)
- Possession of a valid Virginia teaching license (REQUIRED)
- Minimum three years of urban teaching experience (REQUIRED)
- Bilingual (PREFERRED)
- Uphold the Cristo Rey mission, vision and values
- Embrace school-wide systems and promote high standards of behavior
- Collaborate with school leadership, providing input to school programs
- Actively participate in professional development sessions
- Communicate professionally with peers, supervisors, parents and students
- Be committed to a longer school day and calendar year
- Adhere to professional guidelines as indicated in the staff handbook
- Participate in school-wide culture and faith formation events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Establish and maintain a positive classroom environment
- Plan rigorous lessons aligned to the prescribed standards
- Differentiate lesson plans for a variety of learners
- Adhere to a scope and sequence
- Implement feedback from administrators and instructional leaders regarding lesson plan design and/or implementation
- Support instruction with school-wide supplemental programs
- Maintain grade books and meet grade reporting deadlines
- Communicate with families regarding student academics and behavior
- Utilize planning periods for the advancement of student academics
- Tutor students in need of remediation
A complete application will include:
- Cover Letter: Please write a letter (limited to 2 pages) that answers the following:
- Describe your philosophy of education and how you would put it into practice at Cristo Rey
- What attracts you to the Cristo Rey mission? How do you feel you are a match for this unique opportunity to be an instructor at Cristo Rey Richmond High School?
- What challenges do you anticipate in being a member of the teaching staff at Cristo Rey Richmond High School during the founding years? In what ways can you add to the richness of the program?
- What (in your background) prepares you to relate to and teach students of limited economic means?
- References: Please list 3 professional references (include email address and phone number)
Please email your completed application as an attached PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject title “Teaching Application 2020-2021."