Cristo Rey Richmond High School is searching for a Dean of Student Life!
Under the supervision of the principal, the Dean of Student Life is responsible for the fostering and implementation of the Student Life vision which is focused on character development and personal formation to support the mission of Cristo Rey Richmond High School. This is done by overseeing all aspects of Student Life on campus (including sports, clubs and activities), for setting and carrying out disciplinary policy as found in the Student Handbook, and for promoting and communicating with the student body.
- Responsible for enforcing the policies set forth in the Student Handbook and reinforcing the campus culture
- Responsible for discipline and high level behavioral violations on campus
- Involved in student emergency situations including contacting parents
- Facilitates healing through the implementation of Restorative Practices
- Maintains appropriate discipline records and correspondence relating to student behavior
- Uphold the Cristo Rey mission, vision and values
- Embrace school-wide systems and promote high standards of behavior
- Collaborate with school leadership, providing input to school programs
- Actively participate in professional development sessions
- Communicate professionally with peers, supervisors, parents and students
- Be committed to a longer school day and calendar year
- Adhere to professional guidelines as indicated in the staff handbook
- Participate in school-wide culture and faith formation events, including, but not limited to, Faculty/Staff Retreats, Student Retreats and Mission Meetings
- To supervise students by being present at all school masses/assemblies
- As needed, provide substitute classroom coverage
- Value and support the Corporate Work Study Program as a place of learning and growth for students
- Know, teach and follow school-wide routines and procedures (CRRHS non-negotiables)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (required). Master’s (preferred)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (required)
- Knowledge of and practice in Restorative Practices
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Urban Education
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, cultural, racial and religious backgrounds of the students
- Superior communication skills, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, donors, trustees and school administration
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of Cristo Rey
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), the Internet and relevant technology
- Experience in a faith-based school or not-for-profit environment (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, a desire for continuous improvement and openness to feedback
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skill and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education.
BENEFITS: Full benefits package.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time, exempt position. Occasionally, time will be required for night and weekend meetings and events. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.