Cristo Rey Richmond High School is searching for an Communications Assistant!
The Communications Assistant supports the PR/Marketing, Advancement and communication activities of the school and for the President/CEO, Principal, and other members of the campus leadership team. Duties include designing and maintaining school websites, social media accounts, printed and digital materials. Strong technological and software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communications skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generates and designs all printed and digital materials for school in collaboration with Marketing/PR/Advancement team and external contractors/vendors
- Responds to all inquiries about CRR via digital platforms in a personal and timely manner
- Manages website and digital platforms and regularly posts/pushes content with approval of the President
- Assists with events with designing/sending evites and tracking response/attendance
- Develops and maintains webpages for school and school entities
- Assists the President with public relations, including press releases, efforts to get the school publicity through all media
- Manages the production and distribution of the quarterly newsletters and weekly Board Blasts
- Manages, organizes and catalogs digital archives for images and videos
- Serves as school photographer
- Maintains files as needed
- Supports department staff as needed with clerical tasks
- Collaborates with other professional staff of the school for promoting positive internal and external communications
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in sharing school information.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the public and all members of the CRR High School community
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of students, families, businesses, organizations and media sources
- Exceptional skills in written composition. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to make professional decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule, and complete job tasks effectively and accurately
- Ability to skillfully use all Microsoft Office components
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic college preparatory education
- Ability to work at strategic level and hands-on operational level simultaneously.
- Skill set to develop and manage a variety of programs from visioning through strategic planning, funding, marketing, fiscal responsibility, implementation and evaluation
- Associate degree required with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Cristo Rey Richmond
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, cultural, racial and religious backgrounds of the students
- Superior communication skills, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, donors, trustees, school administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with web management software (knowledge of Edlio a plus)
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn) and social media management platforms (ex. Hootsuite) required
- Experience with email management software (knowledge of MailChimp a plus)
- Basic knowledge of graphic design (includes Canva and Photoshop)
- Experience in a faith-based school or not-for-profit environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, and a desire for continuous improvement and openness to feedback
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred
SALARY: Hourly, Commensurate with experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Limited, part-time non-exempt position. Occasionally, time will be required for night and weekend meetings and events.