Is Cristo Rey Richmond High School the Right Fit for You?
Take a look at our Eligibility Requirements:
Low to Moderate Income
- Financial need is the first criteria for admission and is decided on a case-by-case basis using Cristo Rey Network's Standard Two.
- Cristo Rey Richmond is designed for students who desire a college preparatory Catholic education but who could not otherwise afford one.
- Please contact us this fall (2018) if you are not sure that your family meets this criteria.
Corporate Work Study Employability
- Students must be at least 14 years old on or before September 1, 2019.
- Students must be able to present legal verification of their U.S. citizenship or other form of legal residence in the U.S.
- Students must commit to work five full days a month.
- Good discipline and attendance record
- Motivation and Maturity – Studying AND working as a high school student is not easy. Students should show the maturity and motivation to be able to handle both aspects of our curriculum
- Openness to religious values – Our Catholic faith guides our curriculum and practices. While it is not a requirement to be Catholic to attend, students should be open to a faith-based education.
- 70% average or above grades – Previous two years grades will be reviewed for admissions purposes. Grades are a good indicator of your success in our program.
- Cristo Rey Richmond has limited ability to offer services for students with IEPs and other special needs. However, all applicant files are reviewed on a case by case by the Admissions Committee to determine if we have the capacity to serve the student as they deserve.