Students at Cristo Rey Richmond are required to take a between 31.5 – 33.5 credits over their four years. Cristo Rey Richmond’s curriculum will also include Advanced Placement (AP) and honors courses.
REQUIRED CREDITS INCLUDE:
- English – 4 Credits (1 credit = 1 full year of instruction)
- History – 4 Credits
- Mathematics – 4 Credits
- Religion - 4 Credits
- Science - 4 Credits
- Spanish - 2 or 3 Credits
- Corporate Work Study Program - 4 Credits
- Physical Education – 1 Credit
- Health – 0.5 Credit
- College Prep/College Counseling – 1 Credit
- Fine Arts – 1 Credit
- Electives – 2-4 Credits
Total = 31.5 – 33.5 Credits necessary to graduate.
OTHER GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS:
- ALL Cristo Rey Richmond students must take the ACT test at least twice: in the spring of their junior year and in October of senior year.
- ALL Cristo Rey Richmond students must complete Christian Service hours each year.
- ALL students in Advanced Placement courses must take the related Advanced Placement Exam.
- ALL Seniors must apply to at least five colleges (including four 4-year colleges)
The faculty will work closely with each student and help them to develop skills necessary for life-long learning including creativity, curiosity, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and collaboration. Through the listed graduation requirements, students will gain a deep understanding of both themselves and the world around them.