Our Faculty & Staff
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is located in Richmond, Virginia and is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Member schools use a rigorous academic model, supported by best practices in instruction and assessment, to prepare students with a broad range of intellectual abilities for college and life. Further, CRN schools employ an innovative Corporate Work Study Program that provides students with real world work experiences. In this highly unique model, every CRN student works an average of five days a month to fund the majority of her or his schooling, gain job experience, grow in self-confidence, and realize the relevance of this education. Students work in various corporate and business settings including law firms, banks, hospitals, universities, and with other professional organizations.
Like all Cristo Rey schools, Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a Catholic, college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means. The school is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, emotionally, spiritually, socially, and morally. Our aspiration is that all our students graduate from high school and college and become the future leaders in our churches, institutions, businesses, nonprofits, and the community at large.
We are recruiting an experienced, operations leader who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission. The Associate Director of Corporate Work Study Operations oversees the daily operation of the work study program and business literacy training. This primarily includes managing the CWSP Operations staff, ensuring the successful job placement of all students matching skills and aspirations when possible, fielding questions from students and supervisors, ensuring the development of a business literacy curriculum that meets CR Network standards, working with the CRR Operations Manager to coordinate transportation needs and coordinating all CWSP student and partner events.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of partners, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical behavior that creates trust among the school’s stakeholders.
- Results driven approach and strong problem solver with a demonstrable history of successful innovative solutions.
- 3 or more years of proven success with education, workforce development, youth programming or related background.
- Demonstrated success in business literacy training and customer relations management.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits are included in the overall compensation package.
How to apply: If you have the requested background and a passion for the mission of this school, we invite you to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to our Vice President of Corporate Work Study, Kris Caplinger, at [email protected] – with “Associate Director, CWSP Operations” in the subject line.