Our Faculty & Staff
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is located in Richmond, Virginia and is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Member schools use a rigorous academic model, supported by best practices in instruction and assessment, to prepare students with a broad range of intellectual abilities for college and life. Further, CRN schools employ an innovative Corporate Work Study Program that provides students with real world work experiences. In this highly unique model, every CRN student works an average of five days a month to fund the majority of her or his schooling, gain job experience, grow in self-confidence, and realize the relevance of this education. Students work in various corporate and business settings including law firms, banks, hospitals, universities, and with other professional organizations.
Like all Cristo Rey schools, Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a Catholic, college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means. The school is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, emotionally, spiritually, socially, and morally. Our aspiration is that all our students graduate from high school and college and become the future leaders in our churches, institutions, businesses, nonprofits, and the community at large.
We are recruiting an experienced, business development leader who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission. The Associate Director of Business Development Operations works in conjunction with the Vice President of Corporate Work Study to set goals and develop plans for business and revenue growth as it pertains to the procurement of new student jobs and job funding. This includes stewarding client relationships to cultivate new clients to achieve full and meaningful employment for all students, as well as ensuring the retention and growth of existing partners. The Associate Director for Business Development will work within their own network to increase CRR visibility and lead potential, with the School’s Board for Director and Jobs Committee to prospect and follow through on new job leads, and with the School’s Advancement Team to procure and elevate funding for all CWSP partnerships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of partners, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical behavior that creates trust among the school’s stakeholders.
- Results driven approach and strong problem solver with a demonstrable history of successful innovative solutions.
- 3 or more years of proven success with lead generation and securing corporate sales, fundraising or sponsorship.
- The maturity and skill required to optimize volunteer leadership engagement in achieving sales goals.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including evidence of enhancing program growth and innovation.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits are included in the overall compensation package.
How to apply: If you have the requested background and a passion for the mission of this school, we invite you to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to our Vice President of Corporate Work Study, Kris Caplinger, at [email protected] – with “Associate Director, CWSP Business Development” in the subject line.