Our Faculty & Staff
Dean of Student Achievement
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve families of limited economic means.
The Dean of Student Achievement is responsible for creating a successful academic program that prepares students to earn admission to college and persist through college. The Dean of Student Achievement supports academic excellence, data-driven instruction, development of executive functioning skills, and multi-tiered interventions, and serves as a member of the senior leadership team for the school and on the academic division leadership team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in education or Educational Leadership with at least three years of high school teaching experience.
- Strong background in the implementation of a rigorous, standards-based, college preparatory curriculum.
- Experience analyzing and utilizing multiple sources of data to increase student achievement.
- Demonstrated success as an instructional leader in creating high-expectation, supportive classroom environments.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
- Strong understanding of the academic, financial, and social barriers to college access for underrepresented, first‐generation students
- Highly collaborative, dynamic leader with the ability to manage a large number professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of CRRHS.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, cultural, racial, and religious backgrounds of the students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspire, lead, and work collegially with students, faculty, and staff.
- A strong commitment and ability to connect with limited-income, urban, minority students and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Motivated by the potential accomplishments, innovations, and challenges associated with a growing institution and eager to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, tolerance, a desire for continuous improvement, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to make professional decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Commitment and passion for Cristo Rey’s mission and Catholic, faith-based education.
- Mentor Grade Level Team (GLTs) and Grade Level Team Leads
- Work with GLTs to develop, track, and assess Tier 1 interventions in the area of Executive Functioning.
- Serve as a member of the Student Support Team (SST) in Y1 and lead SST starting in Y2.
- Develop, track, and assess Tier 2 & 3 interventions in the area of Academics & Executive Functioning.
- Lead the Student Success and College Success Academics & Executive Functioning.
- Gather, analyze, share, and report all necessary grade data, class attendance, missing work, test results, and students receiving interventions.
- Serve as a member of the Academic Leadership Team (ALT) and specifically the Teaching & Learning department.
- Plan and teach Professional Development for faculty in the area of Executive Functioning.
- Plan and run the Credit Recovery, AP Prep, and BRIDGE programs.
- Attend all faculty meetings.
- Coordinate Title I & Title III supports and any/all pull out programming.
- Facilitate Academic Probation. Organize and lead family meetings for students who are struggling.
- Maintain Honor Roll and any/all academic honors.
- Communicate academic progress with families. Maintain documentation of all family contact.
- Recommend students for academic dismissal.
- Coordinate after school office hours, tutoring, and writing/math centers.
- Oversee Athletic eligibility.
- Plan Student-led and/or Parent Conferences.
- Student superv
- Contribute academic data, guidance, and recommendations in student assemblies and class meetings.
- Track and issue consequences for period-to-period tardies and skipping class.
Please email your resume, three professional references, along with a cover letter detailing your academic vision and anticipated contributions to our mission, as an attached PDF to [email protected]
with the subject title “Dean of Student Achievement.”