Our Faculty & Staff
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life.
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is a part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve families of limited economic means.
Cristo Rey Richmond High School is seeking a part-time school nurse responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating school health services that maximize the quality of in-class time by reducing the incidence of health-related absenteeism. The nurse should be an engaging and innovative healthcare provider who has a strong passion for serving older adolescents. This position requires a degree from an accredited nursing program – registered nurse (RN) preferred. The start date for the position is as soon as possible.
- Ability to use clinic/medical equipment.
- Possesses basic pharmacological, medical/surgical, and growth/development knowledge.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly, while remaining calm and directing others.
- Ability to make professional decisions and judgments on sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in sharing school information.
- Comfortable knowledge of universal health procedures and ability to teach this to others
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact confidently and effectively with a diverse community of school staff, students, donors, volunteers, trustees, and school administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, tolerance, a desire for continuous improvement and openness to feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong sense of management and organizational ability, common sense, motivation, positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to participate in ongoing professional and staff development, both independently and through school offered opportunities.
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic college preparatory education.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, tolerance, a desire for continuous improvement, and openness to feedback.
- Degree from an accredited nursing program – registered nurse (RN) preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience working with children and/or adolescents, preferably in a school setting.
- Certified to administer OTC medications.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Cristo Rey Richmond.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, cultural, racial and religious backgrounds of the students.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and level of education.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds and some standing and walking.
How to apply: Qualified candidates should send their cover letter describing their interest and qualifications, a resume, and three professional references to the attention of Chris Jenkins, Director of Counseling & Wellness, at [email protected] – with “PT School Nurse” in the subject line.